The family of Trinity United Methodist Church welcomes you today. We worship each Sunday morning in the sanctuary building on the corner of Evergreen and Galloway. Sunday school starts at 9:45 a.m. Sunday worship starts at 11:00 a.m. All Sunday School classes except the Youth will meet in the Sanctuary Building. We hope you will consider visiting and joining a group where you will share in a strong fellowship as we continue in our mission to increase our knowledge and strengthen our faith in God and his son, Jesus Christ.
- The Journey Class uses a variety of materials and a discussion format to explore being a Christian in today's world. Topics range all over the spiritual map: the environment, holiday consumerism, Christianity in literature, what it means to be a United Methodist, and much more. The conversation leans on the Bible, of course, but also all kinds of other books, video series, the lectionary and other materials as the jumping off point. As a group, we like to think of ourselves as young middle age, which helps us feel better about ourselves. Our class is located in the education building on the second floor.
- The Fellowship Class is a close knit group of faithful servants who welcome visitors with enthusiasm. Our class consists mostly of seniors who meet each Sunday to sing hymns, listen to the lessons from our four great teachers, share joys and concerns, and have a social time at the coffee table. The members of this small group provide our church with an example of past and continued service. We meet in the lower floor near the childrenâ€™s Sunday School department.
- The Nowlin Class is a group that enjoys a discussion type format from various sources. Members take the opportunity to lead the discussions. Our main emphasis lies in Biblical teachings and how to apply them in our everyday lives. We vary in age with most members having young grandchildren. We have coffee along with our discussions. Many of our members are also choir members so itâ€™s convenient that we are located beside the choir room on the sanctuary floor of the main building.
- The Covenant Class is a group that puts our faith to work. We are always in action working in service for our church. We have lively discussions about our lessons. Many of us are in the â€śsandwichâ€ť generation caring for older children and also our parents. We are on the lookout for visitors to welcome them to visit our class. Our class meets on the main floor of the education building.
- The Youth Grou puts our faith in action. We minister at the Manna House foot clinic monthly, serve as the go-getters at many events at the church and are constantly raising money for our summer mission trips. Our youth pastor, Camille Bradley, provides us with many opportunities to explore our faith and to become leaders as Christians in our community. Most of us attend the First Light service and then we meet downstairs in the education building.
- The Chancel Choir and The First Light Singers welcome all vocalists and instrumentalists. We practice on Wednesday evenings at 6:45. We are led by Lisa Goble and Alicia Butler and Marc Taylor. Our hard work is demonstrated through our Christmas and Easter cantatas. Come sing with us.
- The Highland Heights Ministry Team goes to Highland Heights UMC each third Monday to take, prepare and serve a meal to the homeless.
- The United Methodist Wome have daytime and evening circles that not only study about missions, but also are involved in and support various mission efforts.
Events at Trinity
There’s always something happening at Trinity and the new online calendar will help you stay up-to-date on all church events.