The family of Trinity United Methodist Church welcomes you today. We worship each Sunday morning in the sanctuary building on the corner of Evergreen and Galloway. Sunday school starts at 9:45 a.m. Sunday worship starts at 11:00 a.m. All Sunday School classes except the Youth will meet in the Sanctuary Building. We hope you will consider visiting and joining a group where you will share in a strong fellowship as we continue in our mission to increase our knowledge and strengthen our faith in God and his son, Jesus Christ.
Join Us for This Year's VBS
Workshop of Wonders!
Discover how the ordinary becomes extraordinary with God. Experience the love of Jesus. Start an adventure. Use your imagination and creativity to build your faith. Meet people from the Bible who used what they had to produce something amazing with God. Use your heart, mind, and imagination to participate in the creative life of God, the One who works wonders!
Monday - Friday
June 9 – 13, 2014
9 a.m. to 12 noon
Please Join us in April for these Wonderful Services:
Sunday, April 6 -- The Trinity Chancel Choir will be joined by
special guests, The Memphis Women's Chorale* and their conductor, Jeremy T. Warner. As you may or may not know, the Women's Chorale currently rehearses in our Fellowship Hall twice a month on Thursday evenings as part of our Midtown community outreach. They will be here out of gratitude for Trinity's hospitality and we are excited to welcome them among us on what will no doubt be a great day of music.
The Memphis Women's Chorale will be highlighted in several musical numbers, and also combine with The Chancel Choir in a beautiful presentation of Craig Courtney's composition, "One Faith, One Hope, One Lord".
Service at 11:00am in the Sanctuary
Monday, April 7 -- Service of Hope and Healing
This service is a wonderful compliment to your Lenten Journey. As we head into Holy Week, please join us for this meaningful event.
Service at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary
Sunday, April 13 -- We present Joseph M. Martin's, "The Weeping Tree".
Trinity Chancel Choir is joined by chamber orchestra in this poignant and deeply moving work. Gripping narration and familiar tunes weave together to tell the passion story. Please join us and bring your friends and family!
Service at 11:00am in the Sanctuary
Sunday, April 13 -- Easter Egg Hunt
Join us at 3:00pm for an Easter Egg Hunt on the grounds! Fun for the whole family. Invite your friends and neighbors!
Thursday, April 17 -- Maundy Thursday
Join us for this special Holy Week service as we commemorate the Last Supper and partake of the wine and bread together.
Service at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary
Sunday, April 20 -- EASTER We will have two services--a Sunrise service at 7:00am, followed by breakfast in the Fellowship Hall, and our traditional Easter Service at 11:00am in the Sanctuary. The 11:00am service will feature The Trinity Chancel Choir, Hand Bells and trumpet. Join us for either (or both!) of these triumphant and joyous services!
*The Memphis Women's Chorale was formed in January of 2013 in a collaborative venture of the Memphis Men's Chorale under the leadership of Mr. Warner. The Women's Chorale is committed to excellence in the presentation of challenging and diverse literature for women's voices, while also inspiring, enriching and serving the local and regional community through its captivating musical artistry, vibrant spirit, and passion for meaningful, exciting live musical performances.
They have collaborated with the men's chorale in numerous concerts over the past year and will again be doing so in free concerts on March 29 at Lord of Life Lutheran and March 30 at Grace St. Luke's here in Midtown. They are excited to be at Trinity United Methodist today and are indebted to Trinity for their offering of space for their rehearsals. Thank you Trinity!
Classes and Groups
- The Journey Class uses a variety of materials and a discussion format to explore being a Christian in today's world. Topics range all over the spiritual map: the environment, holiday consumerism, Christianity in literature, what it means to be a United Methodist, and much more. The conversation leans on the Bible, of course, but also all kinds of other books, video series, the lectionary and other materials as the jumping off point. As a group, we like to think of ourselves as young middle age, which helps us feel better about ourselves. Our class is located in the education building on the second floor.
- The Fellowship Class is a close knit group of faithful servants who welcome visitors with enthusiasm. Our class consists mostly of seniors who meet each Sunday to sing hymns, listen to the lessons from our four great teachers, share joys and concerns, and have a social time at the coffee table. The members of this small group provide our church with an example of past and continued service. We meet in the lower floor near the children's Sunday School department.
- The Nowlin Class is a group that enjoys a discussion type format from various sources. Members take the opportunity to lead the discussions. Our main emphasis lies in Biblical teachings and how to apply them in our everyday lives. We vary in age with most members having young grandchildren. We have coffee along with our discussions. Many of our members are also choir members so it's convenient that we are located beside the choir room on the sanctuary floor of the main building.
- The Covenant Class is a group that puts our faith to work. We are always in action working in service for our church. We have lively discussions about our lessons. Many of us are in the "sandwich" generation caring for older children and also our parents. We are on the lookout for visitors to welcome them to visit our class. Our class meets on the main floor of the education building.
- The Youth Group puts our faith in action. We minister at the Manna House foot clinic monthly, serve as the go-getters at many events at the church and are constantly raising money for our summer mission trips. Our youth pastor, Camille Bradley, provides us with many opportunities to explore our faith and to become leaders as Christians in our community. Most of us attend the First Light service and then we meet downstairs in the education building.
- The Chancel Choir and The First Light Singers welcome all vocalists and instrumentalists. We practice on Wednesday evenings at 6:45. We are led by Lisa Goble and Alicia Butler and Marc Taylor. Our hard work is demonstrated through our Christmas and Easter cantatas. Come sing with us.
- The Highland Heights Ministry Team goes to Highland Heights UMC each third Monday to take, prepare and serve a meal to the homeless.
- The United Methodist Women have daytime and evening circles that not only study about missions, but also are involved in and support various mission efforts.
Events at Trinity
There’s always something happening at Trinity and the new online calendar will help you stay up-to-date on all church events.